Join the Tourism Management Institute
“I love being connected to a network of professional people I like, respect and can learn from”
“Events and speakers are great and so is the networking. TMI membership has been an invaluable way to understand the latest trends, developments and innovations ”
“I really value the variety of events and having such great access to other tourism professionals”
Who is TMI for?
Our members work in a variety of destination management related organisations and teams, from being the single tourism destination person in a local authority, regeneration agency, or business improvement district, to heading up a large destination organisation, a sole trader consultant to tourism management lecturers.
- A network of destination management professionals and access to a wide range of experience and expertise in the sector.
- Professional credibility with the use of FTMI, MTMI or ATMI letters (Fellows, Members, Associates).
- Regular communications and updates on all things destination management via the TM Eye e-newsletter, e-mails and our LinkedIn Group.
- Opportunity to attend focussed, low cost events at a significantly discounted member rate. TMI currently holds two member conferences each year, a one-day single topic event each Spring and an annual convention in the Autumn. Our events are always highly rated by delegates for their content and the networking opportunities that they provide.
- E-mailed details of destination management job vacancies and the opportunity to advertise vacancies to our members
- Access to informal advice and a growing bank of destination management expertise, knowledge and resources
- Opportunity to contribute to TMI responses to consultations from government and national tourist boards
- Access to the destination management suppliers directory
- Opportunity to get involved in local and regional events organisation and TMI working groups (Fellows, Members, Associates)
- Access to the industry’s primary lobbying body, the Tourism Alliance, through TMI’s membership and its seat on the Board
- Regular zoom networking meetings with key speakers from tourism organisations across the industry
All members agree to abide by the Tourism Management Institute Code of Professional Conduct when they sign up and become members.
Membership is open to those working in national tourist boards, regional tourism boards, local authorities, destination management organisations, destination marketing organisations, destination conference bureau, area tourism partnerships, national park authorities, AONB partnerships, higher education tourism departments, or similar.
Appropriate work areas include tourism research and strategy, tourism marketing, tourism IT and web management, tourist information collection and dissemination, visitor services management, town centre management, tourism training and quality standards management.
Member - £65.00 + VAT:
For those who work in an organisation with destination management responsibilities and you have 5 years' appropriate experience or a tourism qualification at undergraduate degree level or equivalent and 3 years' appropriate experience. Full members may use the designation MTMI. Sign up now.
Associate Member - £65.00 + VAT:
For those who work in an organisation with destination management responsibilities or have a degree level tourism qualification. Associate members may use the designation ATMI. Sign up now
Affiliate - £65.00 + VAT:
For those who you are interested in destination management but don't qualify for Associate or Full Member. Affiliate membership enables you to stay in touch with developments and attend TMI events at member rates. Sign up now
Fellowship - £65.00 + VAT:
Awarded once a year by the Executive to members who have made a significant contribution to the sector and to the Institute. The Executive normally invite full members to apply for upgrade or to nominate another member to be upgraded. Fellows may use the designation FTMI.
Membership fees are levied per annum, becoming due on the date of joining.
Student membership - £15.00 + VAT:
Open to all students on tourism courses. A discount of £5 is available to students taking a TMI Recognised course, Please email Siobhan Wilson for details of student membership.
Retired - £30.00 + VAT:
Open to Fellows, Full and Associate members on full retirement. Please email Siobhan Wilson for details of retired membership.