Welcome to the Tourism Management Institute
- The Voice of Destination Management -
The Tourism Management Institute (TMI) is the professional organisation for anyone working in tourism destination management.
TMI supports destination management professionals throughout their career, from students to established senior practitioners. Our members are drawn from a wide variety of organisations: destination management organisations, local government, national tourist organisations, visitor attractions, consultancies and the higher education sector. We hope you'll join us.
Sharing knowledge and expertise in destination management
- TMI organises two annual events: the Annual Convention and the Hot Topic debate, both excellent opportunities to hear the latest developments in destination management and network with fellow professionals.
- We encourage and support members to organise local/regional networking and update events and opportunities
- We support destination management professionals at all stages of their career with extensive professional development opportunities and advice.
- The TMI LinkedIn Group is our online forum for discussion and debate on all destination management topics
The voice of destination management
- We represent the interests of destination management on national bodies and respond to consultations by government and VisitBritain, offering members the opportunity to comment on policy and developments as destination management professionals
Our board is made up of experienced professionals, each with responsibility for a specific aspect of the organisation, together with regional and co-opted representatives.